Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the first question as I work on getting my 98 500 back into action.. I noticed the shifter switch hanging there beside the shifter.. first thought ..that's not good oil will leak out.. yup it will.. why is it out .. I presume it broke. And i don't have anything to compare it to.. there is no good photos in the manual.. in fact they don't talk much about it.. There is defiantly something missing, cause it lights the neutral light only.. However I can read a wiring diagram.. and I see that it's needed for more than the pretty neutral & reverse lights.. Please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong here.. but I believe the switch needs to be telling the control that forward is selected in order for power to go to the hubs.. UNLESS you use the override button ?? right ? And the override is for reverse only ... right ? so my broken switch ( neutral light on) is of little use if I want the 4x4 to work ? what if I hard wire the forward circuit with a jumper ? any one done that ? Seams to make sense.. would mean the the hubs would work no matter what the trany is doing.. ?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts