Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this 1998 Scrambler 400 4x4 since 2002, but because I moved out of the state in 2012, the quad got pushed to the back corner of the shed, and after a couple years, wouldn't start up anymore, and only moved when it was in the way. Now that I'm back in MN, I decided I was going to get my old Scrambler up and running, and give it a facelift in the process.

The top end was bored out and rebuilt shortly before it was parked, so I pulled and cleaned the carb, drained the fuel tank, replaced fluids, replaced the air filter & battery and it starts and runs better than I remember. Unfortunately I thought it was looking a little retro.

I was able to find a parts machine with most of the body parts I needed: new fenders, headlight assembly, front bumper, cv boot cover, brake handle/master cylinder. I found a place in Canada that prints reproduction decal sets, and I actually found an original seat in great shape, also in Canada. After some wheel paint, a lot of elbow grease and black paint, I have a rebuilt quad that doesn't look super tired.

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Quite a transformation, Good work!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts