Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Won't start, I think it is a fuel problem but not sure? Looking for advice and a manual?

I have pulled the discharge line from the injector pump and very little fuel spits from the pump. Is this normal? Is there a way to know if the injector itself is bad, should I remove it? Any advice would be helpful. One other thing I read on other forums that the manual fuel shut off should kill the fuel. It seems to have no effect when cranking the engine and watching the ejector pump discharge? Also I have unplugged the fuel solenoid and then cranked the engine, again no effect still has very little fuel spitting from the ejector pump. I do hear a click when turning the start switch so the fuel solenoid seems to be working?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Won't start, I think it is a fuel problem but not sure? Looking for advice and a manual?

I have pulled the discharge line from the injector pump and very little fuel spits from the pump. Is this normal? Is there a way to know if the injector itself is bad, should I remove it? Any advice would be helpful. One other thing I read on other forums that the manual fuel shut off should kill the fuel. It seems to have no effect when cranking the engine and watching the ejector pump discharge? Also I have unplugged the fuel solenoid and then cranked the engine, again no effect still has very little fuel spitting from the ejector pump. I do hear a click when turning the start switch so the fuel solenoid seems to be working?

Thanks
The "Fuel speqing out" is the diesel return line from the injector. Try taking it out and cleaning the nozzle with some fine grit sandpaper, then go out and buy this, put the injector back and everything ready, add this to the fuel (Cleans,lubricates and improves the ENTIRE fuel system in ANY diesel vehicle -http://www.autozone.com/fuel-and-engine-cleaners-additives/fuel-additive-and-cleaner/power-service-16-oz-diesel-kleen/94421_0_0/

Hope this helps, diesel`s if maintained should last forever!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mr fishy

Thanks for the reply. Since last post I have removed the injector and cleaned it. I attached the fuel line to the injector outside of the cylinder. It does spray fuel. My thoughts are maybe the timing is of? Can the chain or gear slip? What is the process for checking timing on this engine? It could be low compression but the engine quit all of the sudden. It won't fire or kick at all. Low compression I think would normal happen over time with poor performance.

Thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
Any updates?

On atvconnection.com under the username "oldpolaristech" is a person that has extraordinary advice on how to repair Polaris quads. Might want to give him a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts