Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new on here and hope I might get some help on a light issue. All my bulbs went out...i guess because i ran it with no battery and turned lights on. I bought 2 replacement bulbs for the lower lights and they have different pins on them. Can you go to an automotive store for these or wheres a good place to order them.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
The lower lights? The 335 only came with one head light and it was mounted on the handlebar. You can get whatever light you want for the lowers as they were added on by a previous owner. Google any numbers you can find on them and maybe with luck you will find the exact same light. BTW, the battery acts as a buffer between the charging system and the rest of the electrical system. It will run without a battery, but without it, electrical surges will blow the lights. I did it on my KZ305 Kawasaki by accident. There is no light switch - they are on all the time - this spring the battery was dead and I connected a jump pack - started it up and while it was fast idling to warm up I was checking other things - vibration caused the jump pack clamp to pop off the battery terminal - now the KZ305 needs the battery to run - when the clamp came off the battery terminal, the bike died, but before it died, the surge took out all the lights except high beam and the brake light (those were not on at the time of the surge). New headlight was $75 and no longer available. I started looking for a used headlight and stumbled across a brand new old stock unit in the Netherlands for $50 plus shipping. I jumped on it and have not installed it yet - I just ride it on high beam and when it burns out then I'll put on the new one.

·
8,881 Posts
An ebay search using the term "99 sportsman 335 headlight blubs" shows some LED's that look like they may work as replacements OP.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I think you're mistaken latebird. The bumper light assemblies and bulbs are listed as number 15 and shows as 35w and the bulbs as a 27w Hobbs whatever that is?
It's not the first time I been wrong - happened once back in 1959 as I recall, but anyway I was just working off the wiring diagram and it only depicted one headlight.

The bulb is NLA from Polaris, but might be available through an auto supply however the assembly 2431015 is available for $93 from Polaris. Next time I'll check the parts breakdown as well as the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lower lights? The 335 only came with one head light and it was mounted on the handlebar. You can get whatever light you want for the lowers as they were added on by a previous owner. Google any numbers you can find on them and maybe with luck you will find the exact same light. BTW, the battery acts as a buffer between the charging system and the rest of the electrical system. It will run without a battery, but without it, electrical surges will blow the lights. I did it on my KZ305 Kawasaki by accident. There is no light switch - they are on all the time - this spring the battery was dead and I connected a jump pack - started it up and while it was fast idling to warm up I was checking other things - vibration caused the jump pack clamp to pop off the battery terminal - now the KZ305 needs the battery to run - when the clamp came off the battery terminal, the bike died, but before it died, the surge took out all the lights except high beam and the brake light (those were not on at the time of the surge). New headlight was $75 and no longer available. I started looking for a used headlight and stumbled across a brand new old stock unit in the Netherlands for $50 plus shipping. I jumped on it and have not installed it yet - I just ride it on high beam and when it burns out then I'll put on the new one.
Thanks alot for your help....you cleared alot of things up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts