Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me, I could not find any homemade passenger seat ideas on the internet. I could find just about every other mod, but nothing on seating. Now, I did find plenty of pre-fab second seating with all the storage in the world on them. Personally, I just don't like the way they look. Factory 2up seats look much more sleek and streamlined, but the storage types look so bulky and give the machine an unbalanced look. I'm sure they do fine in the right conditions, but they just aren't for me. Plus I didn't want to shell out $300+ on this attachment. So I made my own. I used a riding lawnmower seat, made my own mounting plate, and voila. I did order some rear footpegs, but my costs still came out to under $150, the pegs being the most expensive part. Now the wife has no good reason not to go riding with me. hmmmmm......maybe this whole project wasn't a good idea after all. lol. Anyway, enjoy and tell me what you think. More pics are in my album. J

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
looks good is it detachable or permenant .

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4 bolts hold it on. But they are easy enough to get to. Unfortunately, I have to take the seat off in order to remove the main seat. The latch for the main seat falls just under the front of the passenger seat. Sure, it is an inconvienence, but you do what you have to in order to keep the peace at the homestead.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will get some added sometime soon. I ordered the fender guards with footpegs (Kimpex) from ATV Direct (which in turn sends you to a search engine at 4atvtires.com). They ran me $130. Nice wide foot pegs. Not just the round stock pegs. Easy to install and pretty sturdy. No problems as of yet. Until then, zoom in on my pics (if you can) to see them a little better. Hope this info helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wish I could do something like that but in Arizona they nail you $250 and up for riding two up on a machine not factory built for two. My riding buddy just got fined and it was just him and his wife, both in their late 50's on a rural forest service rd in the middle of nowhere. They even have the Game & Fish guys writing tickets, like its any business of theirs? Our quads are street legal, licensed and insured plus have a manditory $25 off road sticker and they still look for ways to make money!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2002 sportsman 500 HO. Yea its a little older but it was well taken care of. it only has 230 miles on it. Anyways, im looking for some type of seat for the passenger (not that I would have one):shhh:

Im going to do the fender guards with the pegs, but im just looking for some type of seat now. I like what you have done with yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts