Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here! I bought it about 3 years ago for $2500 and wasn't a bad deal. The reverse got where it was "grinding" and it finally just went out and we got that fixed, wound up being the bearings in the transmission that slid over and then we got a new chain for the transmission which repairs was over $900. Anyways I have a 1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 that I need some parts for. I was riding in GA about a year ago and slid into a tree that then flipped it and it landed upside down. I am wondering where is the best place to even get the parts from?

This is what I need so far....

Front and Rear racks
Light assembly (plastic housing that holds the speedo, light, on/off switch, and choke)
Possibly a whole new body kit
Rod ends (has a little bit of slop in it....think its those)

I have some pictures on photobucket that I will post.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome!!

Here is some pictures I took the day of the accident after I got it home....needless to say my dad about flipped out when he saw it and after he knew I was "ok". I did go to the hospital to get checked out but I was fine. Hitting a tree at 35-40 and then hitting another tree about 5-10ft in the air sucks....BTW that front bumper is THICK AND HARD! Not sure how I knocked that corner off considering the thickness and how hard that plastic is!

Here is the pics.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Owned!

·
Registered
421 Posts
always keep an eye out on ebay. i got a brand new set of fenders "front, rear, and both side pannels" for $250. since the ones i had had a crack in them from the neightbor kids hitting a culvet 7yrs ago. but i have since sold that wheeler and got a new one. but you can find parts on ebay iv seen all of them on there. some chep some kinda high. but if you look for awhile you may get lucky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I finally started working on this again....

I need some help.

My back right tire is WAY out of wack....I run the Super Swamper Vampires on it, and the side lugs rub the torsion bar and you can tell that the tire isn't straight, and it has MAJOR toe in.

Would this be caused by the A-Arms?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts