Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.
Thanks for allowing time on the forum. I have two questions about my bike which has very few miles on it, but is used mainly as a plow vehicle.
First, it has just developed an idle problem. After I start it up, it stalls unless I keep it running by feathering the throttle. I believe it may be the cable as there is alot of slop inside the throttle cable box on the handle-bars and the safety switch touches and stalls the bike. If I hold the safety swith open, the bike keeps running fine. I don't know if this is adjustable or not, but the cable doesn't seems to return all the way back.
Second, is there any way to fix the "Polaris reverse problem"? The bike doesn't like to shift into reverse and pops out all the time. It's done this since it was new (I am original owner). My Polaris buddies all tell me it's just common to Polaris quads, but it's getting worse and worse as time goes by.
Any help is much appreciated.[/FONT]

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
there should be 1/16-1/8 of free play . the adjustment is on the cable farther down from the box almost to the speedo. pod
try adjusting your shifting rods,it won't need much

·
Registered
483 Posts
yep, your shift rod will probably need about a half turn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts