I bought a new to me 1999 sportsman 500 4x4. He said he ran it last weekend. The battery terminal post melted. And the cooling fan won’t kick on. Right now I can’t get the electric system working without arcing the battery and making smoke and risking fire. Because I can’t get the electric system to turn on without setting itself of fire I can’t find out why the cooling fan won’t work. The guy that owned it before me replaced the starter and it’s hooked up correctly. We took the starter off by itself and hooked it up to the battery. The starter by itself does engage like it is supposed to. Any thoughts on where to start? I figured find a ground that isn’t right?