Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Highlifter lift kit for a 2002 sportsman 700 for a really good price on craigslist. I am wondering if it will fit a 1999 sportsman 500.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No thanks, I got the one for a 2002 sportsman and it fits! The best part is that I got it for $20!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Good deal. Make sure to post some pics. Oh, and also start saving for new axles.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not going to have time to install the lift kit for a couple weeks, because I am going out of town. But I checked to make sure it fit the space. What kind of axles do you recommend? Highlifter axles, Stock, or Gorilla. I want to try to stay away from Gorilla axles because they are really expensive, and probable worth more than the atv i would be putting them on.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Well, I always recommend Gorilla because that is what works. I have broken stockers, STI axles, ebay axles, and supeatv rhino axles. If you end up needing new axles, take a look at Cobra axles. I have never tried them, but have heard good things about them. I have also seen where if you pay a little extra for them you can get a lifetime warrenty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
kinda late reply but cobra axles are almost indestructible and come with lifetime warranty so id recommend them.or rhino axles next they cost a little less than the cobras

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Stay away from the rhino axles. They do not last. They lasted on my sportsman for 3 rides before the cv's grenaded.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive snapped the bars on cobras. all axles are almost indestructible just depends on how hard you ride. im personally not real easy on anything of mine, thats why they make axle warranties i use them to the fullest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts