Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of installing a lift kit.

Has anyone installed one of these on an 850 or 1000 xp. I was wondering if the rear way bar still clears the shock springs. It looks like the upper shock mount is moved down and out to gain the lift. The shock springs are pretty close to the sway bar in stock form. Will I have to modify the sway bar? or remove it? I would rather modify than remove.
Best option is it will fit without mod.

D

·
Registered
173 Posts
A friend of mine put a 2 inch lift on his 850 a while ago and only left it for one season. He said it just never felt the same, seemed like it wasn't alingled right and very hard on axles. I never rode it so i cant compare but he didn't like it. Not sure of the brand.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here are the installation instructions, no modifications required:

Looks pretty similar to the HighLifter kit.

Main difference with HL is that it comes with longer rear sway bar bracket. Installation instruction are on the link with no modifications required, simple bolt on and priced near the same.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I like the cushy ride with the shocks set at the softest setting. I hit the belly pan quite often but didn't want to stiffen my shocks. The kits are only $135 so if I don't like it, I am not out much.

I hope it is not harder on the axles.

D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the installation instructions, no modifications required:

Looks pretty similar to the HighLifter kit.

Main difference with HL is that it comes with longer rear sway bar bracket. Installation instruction are on the link with no modifications required, simple bolt on and priced near the same.
I had already ordered the other one. It showed up today. I got the other one instead of HL because it was stainless steel instead of galvanized steel. It did come with extensions for the sway bar. I didn't see them until I opened the kit. The install directions look the same as HL.

I am laid up for the next 2-4 weeks but will install then.

D

D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts