Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Edmonton Alberta, I'm new to the site and I'm wondering if anyone would care to share their opinion, I should continue to use the factory automatic oilers (88 trail boss 2504x4, 94 sportsman 400 4x4)on my 2stroke quads or switch to mixing myself. I am in the middle of some performance upgrades and I'm leaning toward the old saying "if it ain't broke, don"t fix it", and lastly what ratio should I use for mixing?

·
Registered
483 Posts
In my opinion, why risk a motor by running something mechanical that can break or if a line gets loose or it looses prime;your done. I recommend premix, then you know. As far as the ratio, follow the recommendation of the brand you are using. It will be different if its synthetic or not. A proper ratio will run much better and more powerful, than a over rich oil ratio. I run only Amsoil in my bikes, my opinion there is no better. Look them up.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
for break-ins i think polaris wants the first 2 tanks at 40 to 1 after that if you get answer from most on here they usually do the 50 to 1
i just rebuilt my motor and was going to use the factory injection. it's just i hate carrying that extra bottle around ,and the mess of spills

·
Registered
483 Posts
Block off's,yes you could. The last 350L I worked on I just made my own, Which ever is easiest for you. If you bypass, order a single throttle cable, it will simplify things a bunch.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree that extra bottle is a pain, and as 821 stated the worry that comes with the knowedge of how the oil injection works, or doesn't work has helped me make up my mind not to continue to use the injection, but I don't know if the block off kit I saw on one performance site is necessary. Thank you both for your input.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Block off is not necessary, it just seals that area up. If you disconnect the line just be sure to block it off at the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts