Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new grease gun from autozone. Was putting grease in my 500 and this dang gun was a bear to get off. Pulling with everything i had and just stuck. Finally get it off and keep hitting all the other zerks with same issue. On my rear upper arm i put 1 squirt in and the zerk popped out. Must have been stripped from the factory. It wont thread back in. threads stripped. On my lower arm the gun got stuck again. Trying to get it off, I ripped the zerk out of the lower arm. Stripped the threads. Would new zerks thread in or did I screw up those lower arms? What to do? Never had this happen with a car. [

·
Registered
421 Posts
i got a new grease gun a few yrs ago. and was a pain to take grease gun off of the grease zerk. after while it has now been used enough to where it works normal now so its easy to put on and take off. they may be pressed in from the factory. unless you got a friday or monday wheeler where they didnt care and whanted to leave 10min ago.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Take a good one out and take it to auto parts store and get the next size up and a tap. Use red locktite on it when you replace it. Also, I have read that if grease is not going try cleaning it with carb cleaner first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts