Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, i know, this thread is not in line with the purpose of this machine, but hear me out.. I have a 500 sportsman..OK.. It's built as a one person machine.. Mostly i ride that way, occasionally i will have a passenger behind me and i like having that option..(I'm sure that a few of you do this also).. OK.. Polaris makes a two up sportsman so a passenger can ride safely and more comfortably, right? So what i'm thinking is maybe Polaris could consider a "two up" ACE where the passenger would sit behind the driver (as you would on a standard atv).. It may be to cramped? I'm not sure.. Lose a little storage from this ACE? I dunno.. The only thing i dislike about the ACE is it's strictly a one person vehicle!! What does everyone think about this?? It makes sense to me, but hell I'm no designer :unknw::wavey:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Solution; A RZR SxS.

This ACE was engineered for the soul purpose of being a single rider UTV.

Not sure it would be an enjoyable ride stuck in a little hole behind the driver.

But you can dream, dreams are what made these machines a reality that we all enjoy today.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, i hear ya skizmo, but sxs is a completely different animal from a two-up YES?? Keep dreaming, i agree..

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Yep, i hear ya skizmo, but sxs is a completely different animal from a two-up YES?? Keep dreaming, i agree..
You are correct but in many different ways a SxS(dune buggy) is different from ATV. Not just the passenger location.
If the market is there Polaris will build it. They probably had a customer demand for a single seater SxS and the ACE will offer an independent rider experience with a SxS platform. Not having to worry about your passenger, not having to deal with weight transfer,etc..

When my wife is with me on my 550, its about safety first(slow),comfort,not getting dirty/wet and stopping to take pictures of everything. I love her very much, just not when shes on my bike..lol..Its my hobby and were firm believers in having your own time and interests.

When I am alone (my preferred way)..I can ride more aggressively,try obstacles that are "dangerous",get muddy/wet,look for game trails,etc..

if I had a legal 2up bike or SxS the same concerns and issues would still be there with the wife on the back/beside.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree, it would be a cool toy, with a back seat option.

I ride my Sportstman alone on the trails, but MaMa likes the back seat when we go wandering on the county roads (legal here). I don't take her on the trails, that's what the Ranger is for :)

An Ace, on the other hand, would be cool for trails, since it's just a tad narrower, and vision out the right side would be better.

My problem is that an Ace wouldn't do me much good, since I'd have to have 2, and MaMa wouldn't enjoy the kind of stuff I'd lead her into :)

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Doesn't a "Touring" model atv or SxS already cover this..... :question:

I sure as hell wouldn't want to sit in a "hole" behind the operator of an ACE..... sounds a little claustrophobic to me!!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
sit her on top

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
drivers choice :ponder:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
drivers choice :ponder:
Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh

But seriously. I think it would have to be about 2-3 feet longer. Otherwise the "rear passenger" would have to sit on top of the motor pretty much, raising C.O.G. and putting to much rearward weight which in turn would make for some sa-weeet wheelies I bet!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I can see it now, The new Polaris Duse. :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I know, i know, this thread is not in line with the purpose of this machine, but hear me out.. I have a 500 sportsman..OK.. It's built as a one person machine.. Mostly i ride that way, occasionally i will have a passenger behind me and i like having that option..(I'm sure that a few of you do this also).. OK.. Polaris makes a two up sportsman so a passenger can ride safely and more comfortably, right? So what i'm thinking is maybe Polaris could consider a "two up" ACE where the passenger would sit behind the driver (as you would on a standard atv).. It may be to cramped? I'm not sure.. Lose a little storage from this ACE? I dunno.. The only thing i dislike about the ACE is it's strictly a one person vehicle!! What does everyone think about this?? It makes sense to me, but hell I'm no designer :unknw::wavey:
So you want them to make a DEUCE eh? lol

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Well we have a name for it!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
:lmao:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have finally made a two person seat for the ace. Works perfect for me and the wife. We sit side by side. Has taken 5 months of work but it is fantastic.

Looks like a rzr but the size of an ace. Seat belts safety nets ect. Will post a picture soon.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Interesting idea, but I don't think you will see that one. Not sure the ACE is popular enough to start adding modifications. The ACE is not a single seat RZR, that is the Razor RS1. The Ace is built on an ATV platform. So much narrower and shorter wheelbase. I am not sure if it is based of the touring chassis or not but to make a 2 up it would have to be considerably longer. Polaris couldn't just stuff another seat in there they have to think about rider safety and comfort. Think about how long a 4 seat Razor is and you get an idea of what it would look like. It would end up a long skinny tube with no maneuverability. Probably need a driver in the back like the old fire trucks to make a corner.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Wouldn't it have been much easier to just buy a 570 RZR??? 50" wide, and actually made for two passengers. Been trying to make sense of this thread, with the 570 RZR on the market. If the 570 wasn't available when this thread was started, the 800 was there, and the same size as the 570.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Double Ace

Attached are the pictures of the Double Ace. Will fit on many trails were I ride that a 50" rzr will not. Can ride by your self or adjust the steering wheel to ride double. If riding with two persons the driver is in the right seat. (England style)

Was a fun build. Double ace ls registered for on and off-road. Small vehicle for "two or one" the size of a standard 4 wheeler. :big-grin

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts