Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find a chart that tells me the weight of 20-60 cam arms that are in my 07 XP ranger.
The engagement seems to be a little high and it accelerates up to 40 mph in a hurry and tops out. You can back off the throttle to about 1/2 or 3/4 and it maintains 40 mph. It acts if it could use heavier arms or more tip weight. I have put a new belt in and cleaned the clutches. Others have said there 700 goes 50+ so I;m looking for efficiency not so much top end.
thanks Don

·
8,882 Posts
Uh... they're 60 grams (thus the designation 20-60)
You should talk to Ryan at RVS or one of the guys at EPI about what you want to accomplish with your clutch tuning. They'll hook you up with what you need. Its not just the fly weights alone but the combination of primary spring and weights along with the secondary spring and helix that make a difference.
Dalton has a weight/spring combo kit specifically for your machine. Here's a link:
Dalton | Polaris ATV / UTV Products DUV P7XP

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uh... they're 60 grams (thus the designation 20-60)
You should talk to Ryan at RVS or one of the guys at EPI about what you want to accomplish with your clutch tuning. They'll hook you up with what you need. Its not just the fly weights alone but the combination of primary spring and weights along with the secondary spring and helix that make a difference.
Dalton has a weight/spring combo kit specifically for your machine. Here's a link:
Dalton | Polaris ATV / UTV Products DUV P7XP
$200 for a spring and 3 arms, that might be worth it if you don't have boxes of parts. I have never bought a kit that did exactly what I want. I have mostly a snowmobile background but clutches are clutches. I have ground profiles in the past. I am a big believer in balancing cam arms on both ends. I have a complete snowmobile spring rate chart that also helps. I wish I could find a ATV chart.
Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like from 2008+ on the 700 Ranger Polaris went with a heavier spring (Red/Blue #7043372) and weights (21-74 #5632117)
That may be the ticket for waking up your 07.
Here's the spring and weight charts from 2009 if that helps you any.
I bought a used machine and it revs quick in high gear and only goes about 40 mph and when you let off to 3/4 throttle the RPMs drop but the speed stays the same. Some guys say there 700 goes over 50 I'm not looking for speed so much as I am efficiency .
I am looking for about the same engagement and more shiftout on top. Maybe going to a 62 would do it. I sure don't like the new arms with the cut down tip as these will give us more RPMs on top. I could also look for a spring with a lower number on top.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts