Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here to the forum. I have a 200? yellow and black trail boss 330. I got it from my work where it had been abused and needed the frame welded back together. Anyways I got it in pieces so after fixing the frame I reassembled it. It fired right up and ran great, but within 5 minuts smoke stared coming from the back of the "black box" and now it starts and idles perfectly, but won't rev up when i hit the throttle it just acts like it has a rev limiter at where ever it idles.. The wires werent marked so i probably have something hooked up wrong, I have wires that aren't even connected.

Does anyone have a wiring digram for the wires under the front and a suggestion for my next step in gettin this thing going?

Thanks in advance, Sam

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
if i was still working at the shop and not away at school i could get you a wire diagram no prob, but its not on the dealer site. i believe black and yellow was only available on the 2005 models, but all 2005-2009 330 Trail Bosses are the same except for color and graphics. if you have your 17 digit vin handy, you can start and the end and count backwards to the 8th number. if it is a 5 then you have a 2005 model. otherwise i can run your vin in the dealer site to verify that way as well

with that said, if you have electrical issues, and since you had to piece this book together, i would highly recommend buying this book. Haynes Repair Manual it will be worth its weight in gold the first time you use it. it has wire diagrams, troubleshooting help and is probably about $20 less then the OEM polaris service manual. it appears clymer doesnt have a book for your model, otherwise i would have included that link as well.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I don't have the vin, it was in a spot I had to box over where the frame was busted, I didn't think i'd need it. My boss can get it for me though after they do inventory on them and see whitch one I have.

I'll check out the manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts