Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought the magnum today and have been riding around testing and enjoying it very much. I have 2 other quads, 2 wheel drive, and am impressed with this one, the ride and power. After riding for about 1 hr. I shut it off and steam was coming out of the recoil. When I pulled the cord out the steam rushed out. Can someone help me with this, what's happening ?

·
Registered
851 Posts
you should have a red light that shows on the dash if it's overheating. if that isn't showing either it's broken, or you're running at a normal temperature.

as for the steam and the recoil. that thing is supposed to be water tight, what might be happening here is that somehow water got into the recoil system. when the engine gets hot enough it turns to steam. you should probably try to get rid of that water. letting the steam vent or removing the part and drying it out would probably do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Magnum flooded itself out

The steaming stopped but we were riding today and it flooded out. Choke was off, removd the air cleaner and gas was running through the carb. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts