Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just bought a 325 mag only runs on choke, been sitting 2 years. I have the body off and will pull the cv carb 2 day. I have the jet #'s from parts pit, but I'm wondering if I should change any of the jet sizes to make it run better while I'm in there. Any info will be appreciated, new to these cv carbs. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
jets should be fine, just remove them and make sure to get them clean, especially the small pilot jet down in the hole, it has very small openings which are easily plugged, make sure you can blow thru it easily with your mouth when yur done, did you get a new needle and seat? if so change it, did you dump old gas from tank?, pilot screw on bottom of carb should be set at 2.5 turns out. holler if you have questions

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yea, you can run about 1/8-1/4 turn richer on the fuel screw. Improves the mid and top range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vibration?

Followed your advice, all jets were clogged. Runs great now but at idle the bars shake like a dog..........you know. Will adjusting the idle screw take that out? Also, does the trans and front and rear diffs take the same oil? Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts