Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first polaris it seems to bee a good quad but it only runs with the choke on. It will run without it but wants to bog out bout wot it's fine. I got a rebuild kit for the carb off of eBay with no change. Intake gasket or boor maybe? It's pissin me off I wanna go riding!!!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Check the boot see if its cracked and also verify you have good fuel flow to the carb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I'll pull it off tomorrow and check it out you can see it has small cracks in it but no big ones that go all the way threw. I can only see the top side someone took the air box out :(

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
does it have an air box now.....if not that may be your problem..they run funky with out one

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
well that may be the problem there...I had an issue when I cleaned my air filter..was running shitty....so back tracked..my air box cover was not on right..i fixed it an ran like new again...why it doe that I dont know....

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Yeah no airbox with a K&N you are going to be running Hella lean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like it's sucking to much air so it runs lean so u have to run with the choke on making it richer? That's a good idea man I'm gonna try to maybe tape like half the filter til I can find the right air box. I've had a lot of other atvs and bikes but never a polaris. Any pd service manuals floating around here?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
look for an air box on ebay....taping it wont help..the filter is pleated....your risking burnt vales or piston

1 - 10 of 10 Posts