Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello every one im writing this because iv been reading about the tranny swap and how big of tires you can run do you need it don't you need it and so forth so here is my to cents i have a 2000 500 scrambler with 26 inch swamplites on the front and 25 inch on the back all i did was put an epi mud clutch for 28in tires and at first i was going threw belts like crazy but soon realized why they were getting wet so i sealed up the clutch real good and now the bike is a beast iv been clocked on radar doing 83 mph with at least quarter throttle left and i haven't found a mud hole it cant get threw and as long as the belt cant get wet and its tricky to seal it up (so many entry points) youll have no problems running at least the same size tires as me with just a clutch kit from epi (i also have a k&n air filter full dg exhaust and its jetted) but the rest is stock so i hope this helps some people and if you got any questions feel free to ask i completely built mine from the ground up so i might be able to help ill be running snorkels soon cause if the water over the handle bars its just not deep enuff lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the tranny swap is so you can have low gear 96 to 2000 300 or 400 and some 500 xplorers, polaris 6x6 /big boss and some other models will fit in the scramblers with slight mods to air box

1 - 3 of 3 Posts