Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here, nice forum though. I looked at this Magnum yesterday and it seems to be in decent shape. 2200 miles. Tires will need to be replaced fairly soon. One has a nail in it as of now, another needs air so I assume it has a slow leak. There is also oil? around the rear disc brake. Not sure if that's from an axle seal leaking or brake fluid or what. Speedo doesn't work. Should the front tires have a certain amount of "toe in" to them? He's asking $2299. I offered $1500 after looking up the NADA guidleines. Wondering if I should push lower or if that is a fair price. Thanks for any and all advice.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Welcome TCHDSD.

Pricing is hard. We picked up running 2002 325 for $1460 but the guy had started at $2200 but after the baby came dropped it to $1500 which got our attention. It needed all new rubber hoses for oil and gas (oil cooled vs water cooled) and a carb rebuild but came with new like tires.

Then for $500 we picked up the second 2002 325 that shows little wear but an oil line blew and it went to knocking running down the highway and he shut it off. He started it for 3 seconds and it it idled fine with no knocking but he and the shop that repaired the oil line and refilled it with oil said it would knock then die if it was put in gear. With the pull rope it has better compression than the first 325 we we are hoping to rebuild the engine but if not we have a lot of used parts. It was used on a chicken farm to get to the barns mainly with no trail riding. We may just swap engines in the mean time.

I am thinking $1500 should get that 500 Magnum and that will give you $500 for tires and normal wear item replacement if you do the work.

Keep us updated. The number one mistake I make in buying used stuff is OVER paying and am trying to work on that. :)

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sold on Saturday morning. I had told the guy that if he had a better offer to go ahead and take it. I guess he got a better offer. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts