Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy has a 2000 Scrambler 500 HO and the starter turns the motor over but it will not start. But if he pulls the rope on the first pull it starts. Battery is good. Checked gap on pulsar coil. Everything is clean and tight. Runs great after it starts with the pull rope.?? Any ideas??.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have the same problem and i just broke my pull rope.. its my first polaris.. not sure if the starter is turning the motor fast enough, but it seems fast.. only way i can get mine to start is my putting a charger on it and waiting till the battery gets to about 13.5 volts

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
10 Posts
update.. found the problem.. talked to some guys at the polaris dealer and were extreemly willing to help.. not a bunch of ##### that you usually deal with.. its a pretty common problem where some of the 500's have the pulsar coil mounted on the outside of the flywheel and is un protected and takes some abuse.. my pulsar coil that is supposed to be about .4 mm away from the pickup on the outside of the flywheel was about 5mm away.. there is no adjustment so i just bent it back to where it was supposed to but and Vroooommmm.. started up with electric start just fine.. hope this helps other peeps with this problem..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts