Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum so I hope I am posting this in the right way, and the right place. I am fixing my fathers 2000 Polaris Magnum 500 that was sitting for about ten years with gas in the carb. I had difficulties getting it to run. I have spark (at a new plug), have installed a new starter (old one was toast), and am now on to the carburetor. I believe it is a Mikuni 34mm (measured across the engine opening) with a flat slide. I have removed the bowl, floats, main jet, and pilot jet but I am not able to identify one part. Looking at the pilot jet opening inside the bowl right beside it is what appears to be another brass valve stem. I cannot find it on any diagrams from Polaris. Where the valve stem goes into the carb body there is an port hole just above it in the carb body. The outer part of that stem has broken off and I would like to know about a replacement part or if it is crucial to carb operation. Thankyou very much.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to figure out how to. However I have identified it finally through a diagram, and a parts guy as the starter jet. It is the inside portion that is broken. The outer stem is still ok. Do you think it will run like this or perhaps it will rev up when I go to start it? I am attempting to post those pictures right now.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I downloaded tappatalk app on my I phone. It is much easier to post a picture from there than a computer for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts