Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am having problems with my xpedition, when I drive the atv it doesn't have full power but then it'll kick in and start pulling like it should randomly, any ideas?

Also, my 4x4 doesn't work, the switch lights that says "on" & "off" doesn't light up and when I switch it to awd it does completely nothing?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
As far as the power loss, I'd clean the carb, change fuel filter if you have one, check air filter and all carb boots for cracks or leaks to start with. The awd will require testing the switch to see if it's working first.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Check for water in the fuel, you may also check to see if the carb. is tight and installed all the way in the intake boot.
You may also want to look to see if the slide in the carb. is working properly, in neutral, rev it up and you should see it rise, the rubber diaphragms on top of the carbs. do have a habit of splitting with age.
Check for good fuel flow at the carb.
As far as the AWD, verify that the bulb is good and you are getting juice to it. Check and clean connections.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's got fresh gas for sure & I will check the carb out and all the rubber around it.
For the awd I've heard if the speedo don't work then the 4x4 won't?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Is the speedo. not working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I am having problems with my xpedition, when I drive the atv it doesn't have full power but then it'll kick in and start pulling like it should randomly, any ideas?

Also, my 4x4 doesn't work, the switch lights that says "on" & "off" doesn't light up and when I switch it to awd it does completely nothing?
My problem was the needle valve and I bought one on line , This worked just fine and I now put some carb cleaner in my gas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Clean and replace the oil in the front hubs, also check the wires as Polaris has a lot of electrical problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello out there, I have a serious problem. my gas is going into my oil. so the fuel pump is good and I am going to replace any way . I ordered a new carb and hope that is it. Any body out there have and fix this problem??

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
I have a 500 with the same complaint - just haven't had time to work on it yet, but soon I will

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok . I have a 2000 xpedition 425 foot shift version .
My issue, it won't recognize being in neutral once it's warm.
It shifts to neutral, but the indicator light doesn't show it. And It won't restart after that until it's dead cold again .
What could be the cause ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts