Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok shes been running so I know it runs.

went to start the other day she starts....waited another 3 days or so now when I got to start I just hear solonoid click. I think battery low...I even have hooked to my trucks battery and just click. I associate this usually with not enough power to dick the solonoid but Im wonder if the ring gear stuck on flywheel..I dont this so cuz every subsequent start sequence it clicks again.

Thinking of opening up and turning flywheel to another spot incase a "flat spot in the system? any other thoughts...new to atvs.....thanks

she spun many other times.

Thanks all

·
10,346 Posts
Have you charged/checked the battery? Use your jumper cables to put power directly to the starter. If it cranks your starter is good. Sounds to me like a bad battery and/or connections. If the starter checks out, hold the start button down and cross out the solenoid terminals with a screw driver to check the solenoid. If it cranks that way, the solenoid is bad. Again of course, that ONLY works if the battery is charged and the connections are good. Also, rust under the solenoid mounting bolts can cause a loss of ground too that can prevent it from working.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
battery checks out good..too apart and cleaned all connections well.....when I put directly to starter works fine...but then hooked up back the right way and click.

maybe a new Solnoid pc that the battery cables go to????

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts