Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 sportsman 335 that i have finished restoring. i runs and drives ok. i have a kan air filter. i was wondering about changing my primary clutch spring. i have kenda bearclaw tires but are factory sizes. i would like a faster take off with a little more top speed. i know the red spring will give you more torque but i want a quicker top speed. i do some mudding climbing and like making my own trails through the woods. my brother has a 450ho and really stomps me on the straightaways.:hmmm:

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
27 Posts
it sounds like we like the same stuff,i have a 99 sportsman 335 with Kenda Bear claws and also like to make my own trails. my bike runs great but you are right it just need more power. unfortunately i think it would be more cost effective to get a bigger bike. Happy trial building :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
They have been good, I debated between ITP mud life's and the bear claws. Both had the same plyes and were cheaper. They are not bad for trail riding, and not to bad in the mud. I bought a 2003 sportsman 700 and it had ITP mud light on it. I T P do much better in the mud. But I will probably get bear claws for my 700 when they are needed.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
i have a 2000 sportsman 335 that i have finished restoring. i runs and drives ok. i have a kan air filter. i was wondering about changing my primary clutch spring. i have kenda bearclaw tires but are factory sizes. i would like a faster take off with a little more top speed. i know the red spring will give you more torque but i want a quicker top speed. i do some mudding climbing and like making my own trails through the woods. my brother has a 450ho and really stomps me on the straightaways.:hmmm:
From what i've gathered about my clutching research (thinking about it on the 400), you can only have one or the other..... "More Low-Mid End w/ Less Top End" -or- "More Top End w/ Less Low End".

With that said, looking at the riding style you've discribed, you'd likely be better off to go with the "More Low-Mid End w/ Less Top End" option. As for top end speed..... you just may have to upgrade from the scronny 335 to "run with the big boys" @ WOT!! Your only going to be able to squeeze so much out of that cc sized machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts