Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
For the confusion about the year: When I originally talked to the guy about it he thought it was a 2000 model which is when I posted the ad. After talking to the guy and getting the vin # I realized it was a 1998 model. All the parts I've been buying have been for the 98 model, I thought I had posted before that the year was wrong and it was a 98 instead of 2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
If I knew how to hook up a link here I would give you both the Polaris Cross reference parts look up and another VIN look up site I found. i have never been able to make the Polaris VIN look up work.

Another way is to take or call your dealer with the VIN. They can enter it and give you all the info you will ever need. The part you really need is the 2 letter designation at the end of the model number. Then you can know which machine you need to look up parts for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so I bought a 2000 sportsman 500 4x4. My nephew has done work on it and it’s ready to ride. However I am missing the front plastic piece that covers all the wiring. I have no idea what that piece is called to look it up and order one. Please help me!! I am going to try and post a pic if I can figure out how to. Any advice is appreaciated!

Attachments

41 - 43 of 43 Posts