Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ,

I have a 2000 sportsman 500 that while cruising the speedo and headlamp would just go out. When you start to slow down it all returns to normal. Can anyone plaese help me get to the bottom of this mystery.

Thank you

Born to hunt
Forced to Work

·
Registered
28 Posts
Whole bike is ran off ECM. Have the battery checked for free at an auto parts store. If the battery is good, you're charge circuit should be good. Any engine backfire when things hit the fan?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No backfire no hesitation she runs good as ever ,the lights and speedo and light just go out and come back on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a common hot wire that is shared form the speedo/headlamp/and ignition switch. I in the process of tracking the wires and connections.
It might be bad ignition switch?

Ill let you know

·
Registered
28 Posts
Short in the ignition system draining voltage from rest of quad? Does it do the same thing while sitting still and revving motor?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
try checking your circuit breakers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It only happens while the bike is traveling at around 35 . When you let off the gas and start slowing down everything pops right back on. It dose not happen while idling or when you are traveling under 25 mph. What circuit breakers and where are they located ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts