Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Speedo & 4x4 stopped working several years ago, about 6mo ago It would not start so I called the only mech in the area that I know he took it to his shop , had to work the carb , had him look at the 4x4, he said the Hilliard clutches were bad, so we ordered re-build kit , finally got round to working on it , started by looking at threads , read about the bypasses , did what old Polaris tech said, cut the 2 brown wires at the small white connectors , twist in a wire to the common ground , THEN I checked the coil resistance 25 ohms each , took apart the AWD switch cleaned, re-assembled, plugged the front coils back in, used the new armature plates ((because the guy had not re-assembled properly, so old ones were bent, inspecting the old clutches I can see no diff to the new ones!)) turned on key, slide run switch, slid AWD , light comes on, chech magnetizm, armature plates holding, I had read to measure across the the coil housing some said .0015 others .002-.004 my Right one was flush, left -.005-.006 so I adjusted to .0025 ! Then I read last night they can be flush **# darn !! Put in new clutches then bearing, so plate does not fall out, then hub,final bearing, washer ,nut , torque to 110”lbs , add cotter pin, cap with silicone around the edge so water can not get in to the O ring even, add ATF, start in gear back wheels turn front axles turn, front wheels only slow creeping rotation, tried reverse no light, hold in reverse over ride now get a light but still no front drive, back to forward still no tuning, however I did notice that the left front hub seems to wobble slightly but can not feel any problem !
Totally lost! HELP

1 - 1 of 1 Posts