Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to world of Polaris and utility quads. I have always been a sport quad fan for years but I really wanted a work horse for around for house chores and for draggin deer out of the woods. A month ago I had a buddy wanting to sell his sportsman that needed work so I took him up on his offer. The bike had been rolled and it messed up the plastic in the middle of the handle bars and and the left hand controls. Someone replaced all the left hand controls (starter control, master cylinder resevoir and brake handle) however, it appears to be from the wrong year because there is no green starter button. My question is this control from a newer quad that has key start or do I not know how to start it my own fourwheeler? lol

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think yours is like mine, put the red slide switch in the run position and then push up. Buddy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Buddy ! You are right I went home and tried it the middle selector does move up to start. I have never seen one like that. Was that like a 99/00 only thing?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Not sure what years used this set up, but it was close enough to give it a try. It's kind of cool though, I've had friends jump on and try to start it with no luck. Then I get on and ride away no problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad I was just an idiot and didn't know how to start it before I dropped $100 bucks on controls that would of been the same thing lol Now i can start trouble shooting other areas. Before when I rode it (jumped the coil cuz we didn't know about the starter button...) it wouldn't rev up and go above maybe 5mph. I was thinking a belt issue or maybe stuck in 4wd. Any Ideas? All the a arm bushings are shot has anyone tried the delrin replacement bushings on ebay?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts