Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new here and was wondering if I can get some help and pointers on what to do with my electrical problem. I have a 2000 sportsman 500. Here is whats happening when I first turn on the key nothing happens. There are no lights or power to anything but if I move the plug on the front set of wires going into the left side handlebar controls everything comes on and works but it will move back and all power is lost. Is there anything i can do to fix this plug. It feels loose and moves a slight bit when plugged in. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sounds like the red kill switch might be acting up.
Its fairly easy to take the screws out of the bottom of the control and look in there for partially disconnected wires. .corrosion ect. .maybe needs cleaning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok that sounds good I will try to take it apart and see what it looks like. I wasn't sure if it came apart. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
224 Posts
cool no problem ..let us know what you find in there when you take it apart : )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info I'm going to try to look at it in the next couple of day got a crazy work schedule right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I took it apart and found it was all dirty in there on the switch contacts. I cleaned it up real well and also checked the plugs going into the switch and they were a bit nasty to long story short the cleaning did the trick it like new now. Thanks for the info!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts