Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear brake is completely out on my 2000 325 trailboss. When you step on the pedal, there is no pressure or resistence there. Everything seems intact, checked the little reservoir down by the peddle and it is full and has clean fluid in it. the pad in the rear has some meat on it, no leaks anywhere.... I am pretty lost here. Is there any kind of steps I can go through to try and troubleshoot or diagnose the problem? this is all new to me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The rear foot brake is a emergency back up brake only. This brake was never meant to be used all the time. It does not have the power to lock the tires up but will slow the machine down.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know, thanks for that info Dale. Nonetheless, it is not working at all... any thoughts on what to do?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
has it ever worked?? on mine ,if i have fresh pads ,the pedal will work(stay pumped up ) but as they wear down the pedal will not work . you could try a fresh set of pads and bleeding the rear caliper. as a secondary system and amount of use i don't know if it would be worth rebuilding the caliper and sec. master cylinder

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it is ok to just rely on the left hand front brake for all braking then? If thats the case, I wont worry about it.... thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I repaired the foot brake mastercylinder on my 2000 Xpedition 425 several months ago. The OEM parts were over $100. I found a 1/2" Go Kart master cylinder from Wildwood Engineering that is the same as the OEM and cost $35 plus shipping. I understand Polaris buys parts from Wildwood for some models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts