Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have been having trouble keeping it running after a long ride it would just quit now it will not start at all!!!we have 2 just alike so i took the coil off and tried that but still wont start.i have heard it might be the stator or cdi unit but not sure where they are .any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks keith

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

I believe the parts you are looking for are in the front the cdi is any way under the headlight below the terminal board and the stator well that is on the right side behind the flywheel abasic manual would help alot even acheap one from clymers shows the basics they are just not very user friendly I have found Iisure hope we get some good help on this forum I just signed up as you might see I have a 98 with a spark problem

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Hell this place isn't even a year old, so it can only get better.
And if I said anything smart even once a month it may just get better here??:deadhorse:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yea no doubt I hope there was no offenese taken by what i said. I hope I wasnt misunderstood. i think this is a great place and couldnt be happier that it is here for us

·
Registered
527 Posts
One thing not to overlook is the coil itself. I have seen several machines with no spark and if you clean the mounting point on the coil and the bolt the machine might work fine again. Then there are others where you just replace the stator. There are also numerous other things that could be wrong but these were the two common issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have checked the coil,spark plug ,disconnected the safety switch,cdi box,and the kill switch but no luck.i just dont no where the sator is located .

·
Registered
21 Posts
The stator is located by your right foot when sitting on the bike, where the pull cord assembly is. You need to remove the ten or so bolts that hold the recoil cover on and remove the flywheel and low and behold will be the stator. Biggest issue you will encounter is getting the damn flywheel off. For this you will need a steering wheel puller and a good one at that. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts