Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The thing had been running good but the ignition switch would stay over and keep trying to start after it already was and when you cut it off it would keep running so had to wiggle it both times to work. Then all the lights went out on the speedo/neutral. Finally today it won't start at all. It will pull start but doesn't even make a noise when using the key. Every once in awhile it'll make a click at the solenoid and saw a spark one time but then can turn it another 50 times and nothing. The battery is good and tried the screwdriver across the solenoid but nothing. I'm guessing something in the ignition since lights went out first 2 weeks ago and now this but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.... Nevermind got it but still no lights except reverse

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had similar strange issues with the ignition switch. I took it apart one time and got it working again. Last time I gave up and got a new switch. Found an OEM equivalent on ebay for $20. All electronics are controlled through the ignition switch. I would say if you are experiencing multiple electronic failures at once suspect the switch. I also replaced the left handlebar control assembly. This was most likely was not a problem until by brother took it apart because he thought it was causing some issues and tried to "make it better by swapping out some springs."

Make sure you get the right switch. 2000 xpeditions were just on/off with a separate push button start. 2001 models had the turn key start. You can tell by the number of wires in the connector.

Sam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts