Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so this is my first post. Nice forum btw with tons of awesome info!
So I am looking for help with my ATV my grandfather left sitting a while that was given to me. I cleaned out the carbs really well, drained all gas, and changed the plug. I have to jump start it because the batteries dead, but when I do it will run for about 45 seconds PERFECT with no misses or anything and suddenly it will cut off. Ive looked everywhere for answers and for the life of me cannot figure it out! It doesnt bog down and cut off, it just cuts off like the gas flow was suddenly stopped or something. Could the CDI box be the culprit? It ran fine when I got it until I hit a trail and it just cutoff and hasnt worked since even tho Ive cleaned carb, and changed the plug. Could the plug be fouling? I just want this thing running haha, where I live theres not much to do :p. I cant do compression tests because I dont have a meter, but when it ran it seemed like it had some umph except for the bogging it used to have at full throttle that it now doesnt. Do any of yall on here have any ideas? They would be greatly appreciated!:)
Thanks,
Jmannn

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention, the petcock has been replaced too. The old one leaked so we had to fix it

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try running it with gas cap off in case the vent is bad. Otherwise, you have a carb vent that is plugged. Remove it and soak it overnight with all rubber parts removed. Blow it out with compressed air. It's not running long enough for a coil or cdi problem in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts