Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the board and I am searching for some advice on the purchase of an atv. I am currently looking at a 2001 Polaris Sportsman - 4x4, 433 miles, automatic transmission with high low gear range, well taken care of. No damage, scratches, or noticeable wear on the interior or exterior parts. They are asking $2400 for the atv. Is this a good deal?!? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
4 stroke? if so that's not a really bad deal IMO. I'd be more comfortable with it at about $2000 though. But nice machines with low miles bring good money.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I paid 2500 for a 02 500HO with 700 miles....in perfect shape...he wanted 3100 for it...I went with cash in hand an made a deal....so bring 2000 or 2100 with you an bet you drive it away....looks nice by the way..shows it was well taken care of...

Good luck on it...you will enjoy it....

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
433 miles! Wow! It's not even broken in yet. I'm also of the opinion that you could get it for around $2000. Great find. I'm amazed when these older ones show up with so few miles. Let us know how the deal turns out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'd be suspicious of the claim that it only has 400 miles. The tires look very well worn for that. They look like they have several thousand miles on them. Still a nice looking machine though.

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
862 Posts
I'd check how many hours are on it ...I'd think under 100 hours if mainly trail ridden looks to be in good shape if it works as good as it looks I'd be a great machine!!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I too would say "It's not a bad deal, but not a great deal"..... but it could be a little better @ $2000-2100. Really depends on your location.... good, clean machines of this vintage (10+ years old) still fetch a "good" price.

After reviewing the picture, I see......

1) A very clean and straight looking machine!!! :D

Now to get "knit picky", I see......

2) Front tires that are worn over 1/2 tread, so I'd begin question the 433 miles.... sure it's not 433 hours or 4330 miles? Or maybe it just saw a lot of asphalt / tar driving. Rear tires have fare to good tread. (as mentioned)

3) Is the lower bar of the rear bumper bent down (or it's possibly an optical illusion).

4) A nasty @ss looking tow hook for a hitch..... has it done a lot of pulling, pulling out of the mud.... who knows??

Looks like it is deffinately worth going to look at and test ride!!

Good luck looking it over..... keep us posted!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would say 2400 is all the money. I would like it more if it were a 500.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just got a 2001 500 for $1,800, but it had 2,800 miles. It was in very good shape though, comparable to this one. If the miles are accurate, seems like $2K, as others have mentioned, is a decent deal.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Offer $1500 and meet at $1800.... The ole' meet me half way routine works 90% of the time. Have cash in hand and don't be afraid to walk away....if it is what it appears to be you can't really go wrong at 1800 or 2000.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts