Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
havin problems with pull start on my 01 500 when attemping to pull start i get about half way up and the rope pulls back almost pulling hand off kinda new to this forum stuff hoping for some ideas as to what might be causing this to happen thanks for any feed back

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Why are you pull starting? Is battery bad? Dont run it with bad battery you will cause other problems. IF you pull rope slowly till you feel it get tough, then its up on compession stroke, return rope then give it a good pull, it will start easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
having starter issues starter ssylaniod just cliks has newer batterie that why pulling it tryed jumping post on syaliod started first time but now just sparks probably going to pull starter out and hook to jumpers and see if it runs any ideas

·
Registered
132 Posts
my 02 is the same way, still has lots of compression i about broke my hand try in to pull start it, but they do start up every pull.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same issue with starter, pulled it off and tore it open. Found the brushes was stuck in the holder. Cleaned them up good and put it back on. Make sure you mark everything and put it back the same way it came apart or it will run backwards and bendix want ingauge. I know i did it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same issue with starter, pulled it off and tore it open. Found the brushes was stuck in the holder. Cleaned them up good and put it back on. Make sure you mark everything and put it back the same way it came apart or it will run backwards and bendix want ingauge. I know i did it!

thanks for the info tore it apart but no rebuild on this one everything was cracked or broke so orderd new one off ebay

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I always use db electricial for all of my atv starter needs. They are the least expensive and have a good product.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is the same way when pull Starting. you have to pull to get engine in compression stroke and then yank it. If for some reason it doesn't start make sure not to try to pull start again without reseting to compression stroke first or yes it will almost break your hand. Get it set, pull, if no start then get it set, and pull. You can pull it every other time.

I am having a hard time putting this into written words but hopefully you will get the point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts