Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I am new to this site. I just purchased a mint 2001 Sportsman 500 h.o.. I kinda of jumped the gun without researching and bought a superwinch lt3000,a polaris rear dual tube bumper,a polaris front dual tube bumper(with fairlead mount built in) and a kfi winch mount. Items are in the process of being shipped so I haven't started any assembly.

Problems:

#1= I read that the KFI winch mount will not work with the tube front bumper

#2= I read that the rear tube bumper will not work with the rack support mount

Questions:

What brand winch mount will work with the polaris dual tube bumper?

Is there a different rack mount I'm suppose to buy or what is suggested for using the rear tube bumper...yet still having the rack supported?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I think the flat plate that comes with the winch will bolt to the bumper. If not I'm not sure. Been a long time since I put a winch and bumper on one of them. I bet someone here has both on theirs and can help more.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have a 2001 sportsman 500 or any Gen IV Polaris with a dual tube front bumper and a winch?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I went with the Warn front bumper & winch mount for my '02. I know that the rear bumper uses a different rear rack support that has a mounting plate for the bumper. You could weld a plate in the center and then drill holes for the bumper to bolt to.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I did look over the rear bumper and fortunately it came with the proper hardware to mount to the stock "round" tube rack support. As for the front dual tube bumper.I found a company.... (Moto Alliance) the makes a plate that bolts in between the mounting rails of the bumper brackets. The winch mounts to that and the fairlead mounts to the factory mounted plate on the bumper.
I will be installing everything within the next week. Hopefully it all works out. If not,I will re-post

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just ordered it this morning. Motoalliance offers 2 different mounts: one if you're using without a tube bumper and one with. The part number I bought is #MA11602 for use with a tube bumper.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If you can.....post up some pics when you get er done so we can see how it looks. : )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts