Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My carb is dripping gas out of the overflow tube only while it is running.Was told to put a new needle and seat in,Did that still drips gas.Called one Dealer and they told me if the new needle did not work I should replace the carb,at $450.00 not going to happen.Called another Dealer they said to check the float level,should be parallel with the base of the carb,when I did that now it will not idle or run very well and it STILL drips gas through the over flow. Will reset the float back to where it was.What can I do to stop the drip?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Did you replace the O ring under the seat? A loose seat from a bad O ring or improperly installed O ring will cause this problem!

Setting the float hight was my problem and this write up is what helped me solve my leaking carb problem!

SETTING FLOAT HEIGHT
-to set the float height you need to hold the carb inverted with the float and float needle installed. you will be trying to align 2 edges to form a
image.jpg

-as you slowly rotate the carb vertically, the float will drop into the bowl. when this happens you want these 2 edges to be straight.
image.jpeg3.jpeg

-if yours doesn’t look straight, adjust the tab that the float weight is resting on and then try again. this can be frustrating. take your time and make sure you do it right. if not you will be doing it all over again.....
image.jpeg2.jpeg

-be careful that you don’t freak out when the float drops all the way in. if you turn the carb all the way, it will sink in like this...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry I'm trying to post this from my phone and it will only let me post 1 picture I'll edit my post when I get home

·
Registered
217 Posts
OK its fixed now

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok set float,new needle and seat and it still drips gas out the over flow tube.as soon as it starts it starts to drip. anyone have other ideas?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sorry I'm not much help here but I have the same bike and no "drip" issues.

I'll be tearing into my carb this summer to clean it, replace jets and gaskets and what ever else i find while in there.

I'm trying to figure out how gas can drip from that hose even when you changed your float needle and seat??
Is is possible that you have the drain screw loose?? Can you verify your fuel height in the carb by attaching a clear hose to it? I'm interested to know what's going on so I don't have the same problem....Good luck....

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mayhem is it dripping less fuel now than it was before you adjusted your float

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kevcules, The drain screw is tight it, only leaked through the overflow tube with the bike running.I readjusted the float and turned the idle back down. Seems to only drip once in a great while.I am thinking with the fuel level to high and the extra vibration from a higher idle caused the gas to bubble around and hit the drip tube that caused it to drip quite a bit. There was no hose on the overflow tube so it dripped on the moter where I could see it, Maybe if the tube was on there I probably would not have noticed it.I talked to a mechanic today and he said to put a hose on it like you said, I did not at this time. if I have any more trouble I will do that.and thanks for info. and PolarisRich thanks for the feedback very helpful:veryhappy:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts