Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All i just bought a 2001 500HO yesterday and rode it around on the trails today and found out its not charging the battery. When i got home i comfirmed with a multi meter, when its running, it draws the battery right down and revving the motor does not help. i even hooked up jumper cabled to supply enough power and still...not charging...

I am not the best with with electrical so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated

Also I've been looking up Stator and volt regs...wow pricey. Looks like for a stator it'll be used or aftermarket China...

for volt reg, I see Ricks electronics makes them in NH, anyone ever used them? They make a stator too but its $200+

Anyways any tips on where to begin testing would be helpful. I am new to these ATVs so just figuring out where everything is and how its all connected.

I have a multimeter and know my colors and can follow directions.

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
13,342 Posts
Hi All i just bought a 2001 500HO yesterday and rode it around on the trails today and found out its not charging the battery. When i got home i comfirmed with a multi meter, when its running, it draws the battery right down and revving the motor does not help. i even hooked up jumper cabled to supply enough power and still...not charging...

I am not the best with with electrical so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated

Also I've been looking up Stator and volt regs...wow pricey. Looks like for a stator it'll be used or aftermarket China...

for volt reg, I see Ricks electronics makes them in NH, anyone ever used them? They make a stator too but its $200+

Anyways any tips on where to begin testing would be helpful. I am new to these ATVs so just figuring out where everything is and how its all connected.

I have a multimeter and know my colors and can follow directions.

Thanks !
Welcome to the forum.
From the official Forum greater, beware the imitators.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts