Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sportsman will quit in reverse sometimes,and loses all power to dash,recycle key to get back up and running,Has anyone had this problem????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No mods have been made,everything works as normal,just once in a while it will quit."always in reverse"
Got new Ign. switch coming, and yes I know about key rings and such from previous sportsmans.But never had one act like this.
Thanks for input.

·
11,949 Posts
If not a key ring, it could be an issue with the reverse override button or the selector switch. When it quits, does it make any difference if you are using the override or not? I don't think yours has a separate rev limiter but you might try disconnecting the black wire off the CDI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Customer brought this unit to me complaining of this problem,I have only got it to do it once and was with over ride button being used.I am waiting for new switch to arrive and well try that,But will keep in mind about the cdi black wire.
It is just weird that it loses all power to everything,I did check batt.wires for tightness,but didn't clean them yet,I will try that also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts