Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there new to the ATV world! jus bought my 2001 sportsman 500 from my brother n law want to do a few things to it and sugestions are very much welcome. im interested in doing lift, wheels n tires. what does everyone suggest? 2 inch? 3 inch? what tire? im looking into a 14x7 and not sure what size is best for it. any info would be great thanks

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If your not planning on mudding it I would not bother with a lift. With it being an 01 model I would bet that a new set of shocks and heavy duty springs would lift it back to where it should be. (Im sure that heavy plow did not help those springs out either) The stock stuff wears out and sags alot over time. Personally I would go with 12 inch wheels and 26 inch tires. It will make a huge difference in the way it looks and performs. If you plan on mud bogging thats a different story. Another thing that I always wanted to do if I had a older model like yours was to replace the lower headlights with rigid industries led dually lights. The mounting may be different but they will fit perfectly in the stock location. It will be night and day over your stock lights. Hope this helps you some. Good luck, and a great atv you have. Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We'll I bought it to plow the drive way In the winter but want it to take off roadi g in the near future but I'm really interested in lifting it though! Like you said about the shocks/ springs where's the best place to get a stiffer shock n spring or where's the best place to look for aftermarket parts? I've been looking o. Rocky Mountain n seen so e good stuff but would like other places to look also thanks Chris

·
Registered
107 Posts
Theirs many places to get parts. For the springs i like EPI but sum others like other brands just search springs on the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts