Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've gotten the complete rear taken apart of my parts bike..I've gotten the trans loose all bolts holding it removed everything... Now I can pull on trans but I can not get the shaft out from the front of trans.... That's the only part holding it in!!!!! Is there any trick to getting it out of there??? Have I missed anything?? I sprayed it heavy with wd-40 and it will not move at all.. Please help before I give myself a heart attack and light this thing on FIRE!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Your saying the front driveshaft is frozen in the trans?, isn't there a roll pin holding it? May need to use heat to break it free

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was getting dark when I was getting to it.. I'll get a better look tomorrow to see if I can see a pin.. Hopefully I can get it out of the frame tomorrow

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have to knock the roll pin out and then it should come off the shaft. key word being "should". lol
love that key word.... Lol ended up removing the roll pin and pulling trans out with complete shaft intact on trans still.. With it out ill swap it over to my current atv and replace u joints while I'm at it.... With the trans on my work bench I'll try to remove drive shaft... Key word "try"

·
Registered
900 Posts
With it on the bench it will come out. Use a little heat and lots of lubrication. (wd 40 ....etc) Mine came out while still on the bike, same year as yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts