Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, new to the forums here. I just bought a 2001 250 Trail Blazer. Are there alternators on these things? I put the battery on charge for a while, it cranks, runs... Then I run it, and it dies down, no juice left... Any help is appreciated. I tried searching the topic with no results....

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off, welcome to the board!
Thanks. I used to live in your area. Anyhow, I don't think it's the stator now that I have had a second look at this thing. The lights brighten up when I give it throttle. I think I may be dealing with a shyt battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a bad voltage regulator. If the lights get brighter when revved up be careful as you could blow out all your lights.
So I would have to replace the stator? Or is the voltage regulator separate? I got a new battery, and so far so good, but yeah, the lights do brighten when I rev it...

·
Registered
527 Posts
The lights will brighten a little if you rev it up. Usually if the voltage regulator was bad you would have all ready fried all your light bulbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lights will brighten a little if you rev it up. Usually if the voltage regulator was bad you would have all ready fried all your light bulbs.
Thanks... Quick question, do these things have a typical 'knock' when idling? I mean, it runs good but it could be an exhaust thing.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It depends what you call a knock. Being any air cooled motor it will be noisy. This machines were always a little on the noisy side but some of the noise should go away once the motor is warmed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts