Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2001 trailblazer starts to bog after riding a while. Isles perfect just won’t accelerate. I checked fuel line and filter are good. I found a vacuum line that is on eights side that goes from carb to injector pump is brittle and a little loose at carb. Could this cause my issue. After it sits a few minutes accelerates again with no issue. Also my friends trailblazer has an electric fan. Should I add an electric fan to help keep the engine cool? Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
118 Posts
It sounds like as it gets hot enough, it loses enough compression to not sustain itself. Basically, it's worn out and needs a rebuild.

Check compression 1st. Hold the throttle wide open as you check it. It should be at least 110 PSI MINIMUM, and preferably 120-125 PSI.

Check it cold and hot and report back.

And a fan won't do a ton of good on an air cooled engine.

The best thing you can do for it is make sure you run 91-93 octane ethanol FREE gas, make sure it's jetted properly and use good injector oil. Namely genuine Polaris injector oil.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check that this week, my local ATV shop sold me YamaLube 2R, but cannot determine if that is good for injector or not

·
Registered
118 Posts
I will check that this week, my local ATV shop sold me YamaLube 2R, but cannot determine if that is good for injector or not
Yamalube is fine too.

I'm referring to the cheapest garbage someome might grab at the local gas station.

Any top brand is fine. Yamaha, Polaris, Klotz, AMSOIL, BRP XPS, etc.....

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts