Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help Polaris Community

I have a 2001 Polaris 4x4 325 Xpedition. I can not get the AWD to engage consistently. I have changed the hubs, I have put new armature plates in the hubs, new fluid. I can get the 4x4 to work if powered direcly by battery.

This leads me to believe its a charging issue. I have another issue, my bike has a new battery and it will go dead after about 5 to 10 min of riding. I have checked the stator and im getting the AC volts from there... that looks good. I have a new voltage regulator on order.... do you think that will be my issue.

I have checked the regulator and have power coming off but its not charging my battery. Fully charged my bike will show 13 volts... within a few min it drops and drops more until about 11volts.

I have checked all fuses with voltmeter and all appear good... Im thinking broken wire somewhere???

I have put new grounds on the bike, and an additional one just to make sure... im getting frustrated with it... HELP.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
AWd needs constant voltage to work right, bike should show 13.5-14.5 volts when revved to like 2000 rpm, hopefully voltage reg fixes problem, if not well try something else

1 - 3 of 3 Posts