Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks need some help here, can't find with a search. O and the site is great just found this. I need to replace the rear ujoint, appears I'll need to split the rear diff. to get to the shaft, is this correct, wanted to make sure before I got started. Waiting on the service manual now I assum the left side axle will need to be removed and it would be a good ideal to replace all the seals while Im there, anything rlse? Thanks for the help, Doug

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe you need to knock out the roll pin on the u-joint side first and slide the joint off the transmission shaft and then the shaft should pull out of collar at the rear diff, the manual doesnt show a very good picture and looking at mine that how it looks to come apart.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Having just done this on my 2000 magnum 325, I had to take a air saw and notched the swing arm where the shaft goes thru it to enlarge the opening slightly so that the yoke could move far enough back to slide off the shaft of the transmission. It was a small cut maybe 1/4" larger than whats there. I would check the coupler also while your in there. Mine had stripped out and I thought it was the rear diff but turned out it was the coupling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts