Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this 2002 magnum 325 4x4 , it has 12” rims all around. I have set of 99 sportsman 500 rear rims that are 10” .
My first question will they work on the back ?
my thoughts we’re getting 10” rims instead of 12” to get more sidewall and little more squish factor for a better ride. What are your thoughts on that , I’m going with 11” wide as well but still 25”” to be tha same as front tire size.
I’m wondering if this will be worth doing or should I just get 11 wide 12” tires ?

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Well it depends on what has been done in the past. Originally the 325 came with 10" wheels on the rear. They had a 4 on 4" bolt pattern. The newer 12" wheels are all 4/156 bolt pattern. So if the previous owner added a set of Delta 12" wheel with the correct 4/4 bolt pattern or and adapter to switch from 4/4 to 4/156 then you should be able to make the 10" wheels work. My opinion, this machine has a straight axle in the rear so you ride isn't gonna be that great anyway. I have 12" on one of my 325 machines and the original 10" on the other. I really don't notice any difference. The 12" wheels will give you more tire options. Not that many choices for the 10" wheels

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it depends on what has been done in the past. Originally the 325 came with 10" wheels on the rear. They had a 4 on 4" bolt pattern. The newer 12" wheels are all 4/156 bolt pattern. So if the previous owner added a set of Delta 12" wheel with the correct 4/4 bolt pattern or and adapter to switch from 4/4 to 4/156 then you should be able to make the 10" wheels work. My opinion, this machine has a straight axle in the rear so you ride isn't gonna be that great anyway. I have 12" on one of my 325 machines and the original 10" on the other. I really don't notice any difference. The 12" wheels will give you more tire options. Not that many choices for the 10" wheels
thanks for the feedback, that’s what I was looking for. I’m not sure what had been changed as I saw the original wheels should be 10” . I’m will stay with them as your right there is more in 12” . I’m thinking of the Bearclaw I think it’s htr’s I had on my ranger . Those things were great. I’m also thinking about dirt devil as well. I had those on my daughters four tracks and it was unstoppable.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Just remember that the HTR is a heavy tire and the machine is only 325 cc. They are a great tire on my 850 and the wife's 500 but may be a bit much for the 325. I have been using the Swamp Fox on my smaller machines lately. Still a 6 ply with an aggressive enough tread and a lot cheaper. I have put them on a couple smaller cc machines over the last year. A couple Xplorer 250s, a 230cc Honda and at least s other trail boss 250s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts