Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Polaris Magnum 325 4x4. Everything was fine then all the sudden I went out one morning to start it and .... nothing!! Doesn't click, neutral light doesn't come on, reverse light won't come on. The headlights DO come on. It will pull start but the neutral light and reverse lights still won't work and it seems like the neutral overide switch is always engaged now. I'm thinking fuse but I can't find one anywhere!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
First I would check all connections at the selenoid, take wires from battery off and check nuts under them for cleanliness and tightness, also clean cables on battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally figured it out. It was one of the plugs that went to the on off switch.disconnected it and cleaned all the connections and now everything works again. Thanks.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks for posting your find/fix. We had this on the project ATV of the same year/model yesterday. We could start it by putting 12 volts to the solenoid wire that activates the magnet. Cleaning friction connections is always a good thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was the red wire with black stripe that went to the plug on the "off/run" switch on the left handlebar...

·
Registered
526 Posts
Not sure what is going on in our case but after the fact I did find some connectors that at some point got hot enough to melt plastic coverings.

We had spark with the key on but found we still had spark when we went to shut it off and had to use the choke to kill it.

I will break and make all plug connections that I see under the hood and elsewhere. It is time for the kids to learn how to read wiring diagrams. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts