Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polaris run good all but 4 wheel drive would work sometimes and wouldn't other times. went to start it one day and nothing. new plug, no fire, put new coil on nothing, changed cdi box nothing, disconnected black wire to kill switch and still no fire, charge coil resistances checks good, pulse coil air gap good. trigger coil resistance good .with the white/blue wire that comes from cdi box to coil shows power hook it to the coil then nothing same way with two different coils. Anybody know what the problem could be thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
what is a recoil and where is it located is that the pickup coil/triggercoil
Recoil is the pull rope start assembly. It covers the flywheel and stator/cdi pickup.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have done removed and checked the pickup /pulse coil air gap everything looked good and gap was right. could there still be something wrong with the pickup coil all wires tested checked out right. as far as I know the only thing that controls spark is the stator which includes the pickup coil, the cdi box, and the ignition coil. all check good and no cuts or anything in the wiring. I am confused. and don't know what to do next thought about replacing stator and pickup coil but that is very expensive and cant be returned if that's not the problem, Any suggesting?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You can't test the CDI. You test everything else and narrow it down to the CDI.
If the ignition coil, Trigger Coil, and Charge Coil Ohm out OK... and you have power and ground where it's supposed to be then the CDI box is probably dead.

The following is a reach...

The 500 PRO is very similar to the 500 Magnum. That may not translate to the 325.
On the Pro 500 the CDI gets a kill signal from the Electronic Throttle Cutout (electric plug on the thumb throttle box), Speedometer and the ignition switch.

Does the 2002 Magnum 325 have ETC? If it does unplug it and see if your spark returns.

The other place the kill wires run on the 500 Pro is the speedometer head. Try unplugging that and see if your spark returns.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok first thing is I done switched out the cdi box with another one still no fire, I have power coming from cdi box to the white/blue wire that hooks to the ignition coil but when I hook up the ignition coil nothing fire is gone and the same thing happens with three different coils. have checked the etc it seems to be fine. it is really confusing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts