Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have been sold a 2x4 2002 trailboss.

the frame model number is w937527....Vin 2110307

so i have worked out which parts are missing and it seems to match up with a 250 trailboss 1992 production.Is this right as I am needing to order the right bits for it and I dont have the bits to reorder from.

thanks....I think I may send the doris to go visit the seller......:twak:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did it not have a title with it? What year was it titled as?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Which matches the model W"93"7527 by the way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right i have found out with thanks which quad i now have,also found the original supplier here in the uk.
just got to check engine numbers then i can order the correct recoil starter for it..
i had pretty much worked out which part i had but it was not 2002 so now i know its 1993!!

so is the engine a good one or shall i fit a diesel to it?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
What are planning to do with the quad?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the compression is low and its well worn in most places,missing pull recoil case and its a bit tatty...

i want to use it for sheep work.I had it running with the drill on the crank shaft and its quite fast also the gears work.

it was very cheap.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
At the least do a top end with a Wiseco piston. I think trying to go diesel would cost more than it would be worth in the long run.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well that was my thought,it will be fine for getting the sheep in.I looked at some cheap chinese quads but found the 1 I have for just a few 000 so if i get it running I will keep it or sell it depending.
the decent condition 4x4 quads are real expensive and i have a 4x4 so just cant justify the spend in our current climate so i have gone for the scrap quad rebuild so i get better for less.....

stuff in the uk is stupid expensive

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well got the parts for $165 delivered so see how it goes with the pull start,i may set up the electric start too..:veryhappy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts